Sports & Athletic Rehabilitation Therapy
Sports injuries are injuries that occur in athletic activities. They can result from acute trauma, or from overuse of a particular body part.
Sports Physical Therapy is a specialized practice that focuses on prevention, evaluation, treatment, rehabilitation and performance enhancement of the physically active individual.
Who Can Benefit from Sports & Athletic Rehabilitation?
Sports and athletic rehab therapy can benefit a wide range of individuals involved in sports or physical activities including:
- Athletes: This includes professional athletes, collegiate athletes, high school athletes, and individuals competing in various sports at different levels.
- Weekend Warriors: Individuals who engage in intense physical activities or sports on weekends or as a hobby.
- Recreational Sports Participants: People who participate in recreational sports leagues or community sports activities.
- Fitness Enthusiasts: Individuals who are dedicated to fitness, exercise, and strength training.
Sports & Athletic Rehabilitation Techniques
A variety of techniques are designed to help athletes recover from injuries sustained during sports activities and improve their overall athletic performance
- Manual Therapy: involves hands-on mobilization, manipulation, and massage of the soft tissues and joints to reduce pain, improve range of motion, and promote healing.
- Therapeutic Exercise: Technique involves specific exercises that are designed to improve strength, flexibility, and endurance in the affected area.
- Modalities: Used to reduce pain and inflammation, improve circulation, and promote healing.
- Functional Training: Involves training athletes to perform movements specific to their sport or activity.
- Neuromuscular Re-education: Used to help athletes regain control and coordination of their muscles.
- Taping and Bracing: Taping and bracing techniques are used to provide support and stability to injured joints or muscles.
- Education and Injury Prevention: Sports rehab also includes education on injury prevention techniques, such as proper warm-up and cool-down routines, as well as advice on proper nutrition and hydration to support athletic performance and recovery.